Thursday, August 7, 2008

I Hate Packing

We leave for vacation tomorrow (Yay!), which means I'm packing tonight (Boo!). Packing has to be one of lifes most annoying tasks. I wish I could just hire someone to do it for me! (Or bribe a small child from down the street)

How does one effectively plan out what they are going to wear, for an entire week (including shoes)?? You have to take into consideration the weather, activities you MIGHT be doing, how many outfits you might wear per day, how much walking you'll do, what food you might spill on yourself (I am notorious for doing this), etc and then CRAM it all into a 3x2x1 canvas box with handles & wheels. Everytime I have to go somewhere for more than a week I cringe at trying to figure out how to fit my entire closet (never mind hair, makeup stuff and beauty stuff) into something less than 1/4 it's size and take it with me.

On top of this, Pumpkin thinks her personal kitty jungle gym! So as I am trying to put my fresh laundered clothese into the luggage...she sits her furry butt right where I attempt to put them and doesn't want to move! I truly think she tries to pack herself. When I finally do get her to move (after some kitty fussing), she plops herself down on top of my clean clothes....and the battle starts all over again.

Oh well, it's a necessary evil I guess. I am looking forward to vacation...so I guess I should go finish. Ugh!

No comments: