Tuesday, August 5, 2008

3 More Days Til Vacation!

Bryan and I leave for vacation on Friday. We're heading up to NJ to go visit my family & friends.(Cause everyone vacations to NJ! LOL) I can't wait to go....to see my family...to visit with friends...and spend a week at the Jersey Shore. Summer is the best time of year there.

When I grew up at the Jersey Shore there was nothing better than the start of Summer. As the quiet & dormant beach towns became alive, you couldn’t help but feel a little more carefree. The days were longer and allowed you to enjoy everything about living at the beach in the summer. The smell of the sea air….the cool ocean breeze in your hair….the softness of the sand on your toes…the faint sound of screams from the carnival rides on the boardwalk….the fireworks that lit up the night sky….and all of the good “boardwalk” food that went along with it. (Because EVERYTHING always tastes better at the shore).

To me, summer isn’t a season….it’s a feeling! And even though I now live in Florida, where it is nearly summer year round, when the start of the season rolls around, I can’t help but feel a bit nostalgic about my Summers at the Jersey Shore.

3 comments:

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Safe travels back to NJ. I hope you have a wonderful visit :)

Chloe_KittyKat said...

Wow, you make NJ sound so awesome that I'm gonna have to add it to my list of places I'd like to visit. Seriously though, I hope you have a fantastic trip!

happyathome said...

You go to Jersey, I go to MAine next week! Have a great time and we shall converse when we get back! I love the Jersey shore, use to go alot in college days...