Thursday, July 24, 2008

My First Ever Blog...

Soooooo? This is blogging? Hmm...

A few of my friends had inspired me to start blogging. I love reading what goes on in their lives, some almost on a daily basis. Some say its a fun way to keep up with each while others say it's theraputic. I'm not sure what I'm hoping to get out of it, but I thought it might be fun. I am sure somedays I'll have more to say than others and somedays I'll steal ideas from other people (apologizing in advance).

I gave my blog the name "Shelley Sells Seashells Down By The Seashore". It's a phrase my mother and grandmother used to say to me all the time when I was little. It was a tongue twister back in the day too! *whew* I've always lived near the water. When my family named their first boat "C-Shell" (my sister's name is Cyndi...C for Cyndi, Shell for Shelley), it tied me to the ocean, the beach, shells and everything nautical for the rest of my life. I'm glad I like all of those things. There is nothing better than a beautiful day at the beach or a gorgeous day on the water.

I love the feel of the ocean breeze, the serenity that can be found in the waves crashing along the shore, and the softness of the wet sand on my feet. There is nothing more beautiful than a Florida sunset over the water. Every evening is like a blank canvas where God & Mother Nature can create their magic.

One of the most beautiful displays of that work came on the day of our wedding. October 21, 2005. As the outerbands of Hurricane Wilma circled past us all day (the eye of the huge Category 5 storm was located near Cozumel, Mexico), the sky cleared about 30 minutes before our beachside ceremony. As the sun fell below the horizon, we were given this magnificent picture as a backdrop to the start of our reception. It was the talk of the evening.



On our recent trip to Key West, we experienced another spectacular sunset. Cyndi, Cam and I boarded the Key West Express after a fun weekend in Key West to head back to Ft. Myers. After an hour or so into our ride we went through a short shower. Once the shower was over, we went back to the top deck of the boat and the sun peaked out from behind the clouds. I fully believe that storm clouds make a sunset even more magnificent.

















So I guess it's only fitting that I start my blog off on topic that has is such a big part of my life. I have spent such a significant amount of my life on and around the water. I cannot ever imagine not living near the water. Landlocked is not a place for me. My Darling Husband (futurely known as DH) and I talk about getting a boat in the neat future. I look forward to when we can spend days on the water...fishing...swimming...hanging out with family & friends on a remote barrier island somewhere on the Florida coast. After all, I was named SHELLey for a reason....

3 comments:

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Congrats on your blog! Love the name of it and your tag line :) Your photos are absolutely gorgeous (as always). Have fun and enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Damnit, I didnt get to pop your comment cherry *shakes fist at Beth* ...good luck with the blog =)

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Hey Cammy - it's only fitting that the floozy was the one to do it :P

Off to check our your blog now.