Friday, August 8, 2008

Aloha Friday


Happy Friday!

A few of my friends participate in Aloha Friday, which was started by Kailani at An Island Life. Friday's in Hawaii is a day where people take it easy and look forward to the weekend. I like this idea and figured I'd take it easy for my blog!

Every week I'll ask a question for you to answer. Nothing that requires deep thought....just something fun. Feel free to comment with your answer. If you wish to participate on your own blog, please head over to hers & sign the Mr. Linky and say hello!

This week's question:

Since we are leaving for vacation today, I'd like to know what was your favorite vacation? Who were you with and where did you go?

To answer my own question....that's a toughie. I've been fortunate to travel to some pretty cool places. I'd have to pick two:

  1. Our Honeymoon! We rented a cabin in the Smoky Mountains just outside of Gatlinburg, TN for the week. It was amazing!! Our cabin was gorgeous and the weather was crisp. We were even lucky to be there for the first snowfall in the mountains and hiked up to Clingman's Dome (3rd highest point in the US) in the fresh fallen snow!
  2. My trip to Western Canada. I spent 10 days with two of my closest friends in Calgary, Edmonton & Banff. What an unbelievable trip! And I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my entire life, like we did on that trip!

6 comments:

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

My favorite vacation spot is Disney World. I loved going there as a child with my family and especially enjoyed my honeymoon there seven years ago. Hubby had never really been there before and it was fun watching him explore while relaxing after the stresses from our wedding. I now look forward to taking my boys there in the future.

Safe travels and say hello to everyone in Jersey Land!

Jenni said...

My favorite vacations have been the 2 cruises my husband and I went on together. Ohhhhh how I love a cruise!

We're going away this weekend too! Have a great trip!

Unknown said...

mackinaw island and mackinac city michigan loved it and want to go back someday

happyathome said...

This is tough, we have had so many great vacations an actually I will be highlighting them the week I am away! I would have to say Costa Rica is a favorite since we went with my in-laws, my both sister and brother-laws! All family, all inclusive and so much was done! I would love to go back. Stop by my Aloha Friday for a loaded question!

Anonymous said...

I think my favorite vacation was probably to Hershey PA with my husband, son and in-laws - we went to the Hershey Park and to Amish Country in Lancaster and several other places and just had a blast.

but next month we're going to the White Mountains for 4 days and I'll probably have a different answer to this question then. :)

Anonymous said...

My favorite vacation was about 3 summers ago. I went to Hawaii with my brother, boyfriend and 2 kids.